Holographic multi color puzzle pieces cast in clear resin for autism awareness.
According to the CDC, 1 in 54 children is diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder in the U.S. Prior to making these blanks, I wasn't aware the number was that high. Hopefully these blanks will not only provide some fun for the pen maker, but also help to spread awareness of autism in general.
Each blank is 100% unique!
- Dimensions are 5″ x 3/4″ round
- Price is for one pen blank
- Made with Alumilite Clear Slow Resin
For Best Results
- We recommend painting the inside of the blank to hide the tube and glue splotches
- These blanks are best used for diamond painting pens or handles. These types of projects will retain the look and feel of the raw blank. If making kit pens with tubes inserted, the final appearance will be altered.
- Note to kit pen makers: understand that clear resin will show tubes through if you are making a kit pen. Using nickel plated tubes will keep the raw look of the blank as close as possible, but you will see some glue splotches. Alternatively, you can paint the inside of the blank to cover up the tube and any glue splotches, but it will alter the look of the blank significantly - the clear portions will take on the color you paint the inside of the blank.
The Alumilite Advantage!
Alumilite is by far the best resin I’ve found for casting pen blanks. It’s a joy to turn, and it easily polishes up to a high gloss. Finishing these blanks doesn’t get any simpler! Just sand and polish with polishing papers, plastic polish, or buffing wheels.
GOOD BYE CHIPOUT!! Alumilite resin is not brittle like many of the mass produced or polyester resin blanks on the market. The blanks are cast under pressure to ensure there are no voids or trapped air bubbles in the resin.